Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Welcome back!







It's been two years since I logged in and posted anything on this little space and a lot has happened since then.  Let's just take a little trip down memory lane.

1.  I moved from Jacksonville, Fl back home for a year and a half.  I got my teaching license at Old Dominion while I lived with my favorite roomies (aka my parents, younger brother and cat.  Love you guys!).

       

2.  A few months into my stint at home, I got engaged! So, not only was I in school full time, I was also planning a wedding full time.   What. A. Life. Thankfully, my mom was my full time wedding coordinator and full time room mate, so it made it easier, especially since Mike was underway for the first three months of our engagement.


3.  In March of 2014, Mike was accepted into the Olmsted Scholarship and we found out we would be moving to Izmir, Turkey in June of 2015.

4.  After almost 11 months of wedding planning, I married my best friend on November 22nd, 2014.  I was never one to dream about my wedding as a little girl, but if I had, it would have been exactly how that day played out.  It was such an incredible experience to be surrounded by so many people from our lives and share such a special day with them.


5.  Since Mike was living in Arlington and I was done with class in the fall, I moved up to Arlington to do my student teaching. I have been student teaching in a fifth grade class in Arlington and absolutely LOVE it.  The kids are so quirky and funny and I am constantly impressed with their intelligence and desire to learn.

To say it's been a whirlwind of two years would be an understatement.  Needless to say, I haven't had much time to blog.  I am excited to document our two years in Turkey and all of the adventures overseas! Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment