Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Happy birthday Karen!

I remember the first time I officially met Karen. She was coming to our apartment to meet us and decide if living together senior year would be a good fit.  She was in the same sorority as one of my other room mates and was trying to move off campus for her last year.  That night, I had a meeting on campus and knew I'd be a little late to get back home.  Of course, nature called and I dashed into our apartment, waved hello and ran to the bathroom. Such a great first impression. Little did I know, Karen and I would later bond over our lack of a normal sized bladder.

Five years later, countless phone calls and video chats, and endless laughs, I can't think of a more caring, loving and fun-to-be-around person.  She loves life and the people around her more than almost anyone else I know and will make you feel like you're the only one in the room with her, even if there is a crowd of 1,000 people.

I'm sure that my senior year (and the last five after that) would have been fun, but Karen definitely added a lot of joy, spunk and laughter to them and I'm eternally grateful for that.

Happy birthday to one of my favorite Catholics, my go-to gchatter, soon to be travel companion, and favorite Kare Bear! I love you and I hope you have a great birthday celebrating!





No comments:

Post a Comment